In “Attitude in Waiting Part 1” I blogged about the importance of maintaining a good attitude while enduring your waiting period. I shared how I too struggle at times with waiting! Waiting on God means there will be a battle in your flesh. It’s your flesh that wants whatever your “it” is right now. Everyday, I have to deny my flesh and fight the spirit of impatience!
I am learning that God’s will to make us wait is for good reason: He’s still trying to prepare you OR He is working things out on the other end OR He is setting things up so you can’t help but to give Him glory OR He has something greater and bigger than what you’re waiting for…whatever the reason is, it’s for your good and that’s worth waiting for!
Here are some things I try to do and remember while I’m in my waiting period:
- Try to remember that waiting is an action. To God, it doesn’t mean sitting idle. So that means as I wait, I’m praying to God on what He wants me to do. I’m praying to see if what I desire and waiting for is His desire, and how to act accordingly. I’m also preparing for what I’ve been waiting for as if I’m about to receive it. Again with God’s guidance.
- Which leads me to keeping my faith. I have to have faith in knowing that what God has for me is for me. Even if what I am waiting for is not what God wants for me, I have faith in knowing that He has something bigger and better in store. Praying and studying Gods word helps me to exercise my faith.
- I try to focus more on the present instead of worrying about the future. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34 NIV) There is no need to worry about tomorrow or when the wait will be over, when God is in full control. So I am seeking what I need to learn out of the present moment.
- Being content and enjoying my season. Seasons change, and I have to be okay in whatever season God has me in and all the things that are apart of it. While I’m content, I’m not complacent. I’m always seeking God for what I can do to be better and more prepared during my wait.
- I hold on to the fact that my waiting is not in vain. God has a plan for me. I’m not waiting just to be waiting. God timing is perfect! He is intentional in all that He does. So when I receive what I’m waiting for, it will come at the perfect time and He will get the glory out of it!
I know waiting can be frustrating at times, but be encouraged while you wait. Remain positive, and hold on to the fact that His has not forgotten about you! Your waiting is not in vain. Don’t prolong your waiting period by having a nasty attitude and throwing fits! Trust in God’s plan!