So this morning I wake up to my car looking like an ice block. This wasn’t a shocker because I knew we were going to get an ice storm. My employer decided to give us a delay due to the unsafe conditions. So I get dressed and head outside because I knew I would need to start my car early. 20 minutes later I got the driver door open. Started the car and put it on defrost. Back inside I go. A half hour later, the ice hasn’t budged off my car. I call my boss; tell her I’m going to be late on top of the delay if I make it in at all. I bundle up and go back outside. I’m now able to chip away some of the ice. Then my little fingers start getting way too cold. Back inside I go.
As I sit here on my couch, I start to think “Man a boyfriend would be perfect right now” “I can stay inside & he can fight the ice on my car” Then I start to think of all reasons why a boyfriend would come in handy. I have not been in a relationship for almost 3 years. Guess I’ve been putting my time into finishing my degree & work. There are times when I would love to have a boyfriend. For example:
1. When my car needs washed, snow cleaned off, or like today ice chipped away.
2. When it’s really cold outside and I need gas. Or if I just don’t feel like pumping gas.
3. When my car needs to go to the mechanic. I know nothing about cars except how to check the oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, tire pressure, & put gas in it.
4. When there is a huge spider or any other ridiculously large insect in my house.
5. When my trash is too full and needs to be taken out.
6. When I’m cooking and need a jar or something opened.
7. When it’s stormy out and I want to cuddle on the couch.
8. Valentine’s Day. I seriously hate that day probably because I don’t have a boyfriend lol.
9. When I’m picking out electronics.
10. When I have too many heavy grocery or shopping bags.
11. When something needs assembled.
Hopefully one day the right guy would come along and help a sista out with some of these things. Maybe more 😉